Autoplot Application (ci-pw-1402)
Internal API changes will allow for a correction when interpolating spectrograms, where the log/lin zaxis is not considered when combining numbers.
Autoplot attempts to allow plotting of data from many data sources, including remote CDF files and OpenDAP servers.
Datasets are identified with URIs, and by the URI's extension, data are loaded into the internal data model. Data are then
displayed by guessing the rendering method and axis ranges to provide a reasonable, useful view of the data. Data can then
be additionally processed with other operations like smooth and FFT, and Jython scripting provides a capable programming environment.
This is the Autoplot v2019a branch. This is an update to the production version containing bugfixes and minor new features.
Java 7 is now required. Java 8 will be required sometime soon.
Run with 4GB of memory (64-bit Java only): autoplot_4GB.jnlp
Single-jar version, autoplot.jar, can be run without network access and from the command line.
Mac DMG Release is available.
Bugfixes (2019-04-09 r23554):
- 2143: HAPI client respects dataset time boundaries when caching is enabled.
- rebinner API now passes information about the Z axis so interpolation can be fixed.
- "polar" render type corrects units.
- findbugs suggestions.
- 2138: when using X,Y,Z feature of CDF editor, Y metadata shown initially, not the Z data.
- 2127: code which appended virtual records on CDF variables which were too short didn't consider virtual variables. Thanks, Andrei!
- 0875: old branch was using aggregated URI in getDataSourceEditorPanel, causing bogus hit to remote servers.
- fall back to two columns when column count cannot be guessed with ASCII files, so that the editor shows the file instead of nothing.
- 2137: support for decimal years.
- 1629: NullPointerException in code which would verify Jython index. Thanks, Darrelle!
- 2136: when initial load results in "no data" still support TSB. Thanks, Baptiste and Chris!
- orbits file would use old http, not https locations.
- 2103: tick layout is done using floats, so that pdf output has uniform ticks.
- 1678: bind with the plot colorbar the source so that the new plotElements have to comply.
- 2133: detect LongReadAccess when CDF_TT2000 is used for timetags, so that CDF timetags can be formatted to ASCII with full resolution. Thanks, Eric!
- 2036: keep track of the parent of the monitor used for centering, after seeing that the hidden monitor would position properly when it becomes visible.
- 1629: getItem with index lists (ds[ idx0, idx1, 0 ]) works now. Thanks, Ivar!
- 2134: support rank 2 indeces, see https://github.com/autoplot/dev/blob/master/bugs/2134/
- imgscalr library added, which will provide faster thumbnails.
- polarToCartesian function and filter added.
- support U. Iowa GitLabs site with GitHubFileSystem.
- polar renderer supports x,y,z color scatter plot.
- new code reads Das2Streams directly into QDataSet.
- das2streams support x,y,z scatter. Clean up strange names in the das2stream parser.
- Renderer.render now takes Graphics2D object, instead of Graphics.
- API changes like removing monitor from render call will make scripting easier.
Less recent features:
- For JSON "Rich" ASCII files, throw unrecognized tags into USER_PROPERTIES.
- ASCII parser has new columnCount switch, where the column count can be asserted.
- Units.decimalYear added.
- 24hr-at-perikrone events lists for Cassini.
- add menu item for cassini.perikrone.24hr orbit list.
- 2133: export CDF_TT2000 to ASCII to nanosecond resolution.
- see Source Forge
- Bugs often have a four-digit ID and can be reviewed with https://sourceforge.net/p/autoplot/bugs/<ID>/.
- Features typically have a three-digit ID and can be reviewed with https://sourceforge.net/p/autoplot/feature-requests/<ID>/.
This completes the feature set for the new production branch. No major features will be added before branching this version.
A production branch will be started in a couple of weeks, and the "Start Autoplot" link at the top of
autoplot.org will run this version.
Feedback on the function and quality of this release is greatly appreciated!
Data is input from:
- ASCII files (.dat,.txt)
- CSV files (.csv)
- Binary files (.bin)
- CDF files(.cdf)
- Excel spread sheets (.xls)
- das2Streams (.d2s or .das2Stream)
- ViRBO's TSDS server
- CDAWeb data server (vap+cdaweb:)
- das2servers (vap+das2server:)
- QStreams (.qds), QDataSet on a das2Stream
- Plasma Wave Group das2 Server
- NetCDF files (.nc,.ncml)
- HDF5 files (.h5,.hdf5)
- DODs servers (.dds)
- Cluster Exchange Format files (.cef)
- Fits Format Files
- Images (.jpg, .png, .gif)
- Wav audio files (.wav)
This is not complete, and limitations include:
- Quantities of rank 3 dimensionality (e.g. flux(Time,Energy,pitch) are plotted by slicing.
- Quantities of rank 4 dimensionality (e.g. flux(Time,Energy,azimuth,sector) are plotted by slicing twice.
autoplot.org is the wiki website, and contains
more information than this launch page.